This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7038 / 51°42'13"N
Longitude: 0.2467 / 0°14'48"E
OS Eastings: 555344
OS Northings: 202955
OS Grid: TL553029
Mapcode National: GBR MGZ.367
Mapcode Global: VHHMP.7F8P
Entry Name: Tomb in Churchyard Approx 15 Yards Se of Church tomb in Churchyard Approximately 15 Yards South East of Church
Listing Date: 11 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168344
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117799
Location: Ongar, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Ongar
Built-Up Area: Chipping Ongar
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Chipping Ongar with Shelley
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 5502 ONGAR HIGH STREET (E side)
9/84 Church Approach,
Church of St. Martin
Tomb in Churchyard approx.
GV 15 yards SE of Church
Table Tomb Cl8. Approx. 15 yards SE of Church. Seated on a chamfered base
with a chamfered and then a moulded step. Main panels with moulded, foliated
base and enrichments to head and sides. Cherub faces to left and right.
Rectangular centre panels with concave corners. Moulded top slab. Sarah
Mitford 1776, Sarah Boodle 1789, John Boodle 1791 and Mary Mitford 1784, John
Boodle, surgeon of this town 16 April 1798 and Edward Boodle 3 August 1828.
Listing NGR: TL5534402955
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings