This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5822 / 51°34'55"N
Longitude: 0.7061 / 0°42'22"E
OS Eastings: 587588
OS Northings: 190503
OS Grid: TQ875905
Mapcode National: GBR QNX.RBV
Mapcode Global: VHKHF.6H5G
Entry Name: Womens Institute Hall
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168355
English Heritage Legacy ID: 123259
Location: Rochford, Rochford, Essex, SS4
Civil Parish: Rochford
Built-Up Area: Rochford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Rochford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
ROCHFORD WEST STREET
TQ 8790 NE/SE
15/268 & 16/268 Womens Institute Hall,
(formerly The Corn
Meeting Hall. Formerly The Corn Exchange. Circa 1866. F. Chancellor.
Striated yellow brick. Grey slate roof with continuous raised lights to apex.
A tall single storey building, gabled to road with raised and gabled apex.
Moulded and dentilled cornices, moulded stone terminals. The raised apex with
side bands and roundel set within a recessed arch. An ornate wrought iron
bracket supports a double faced memorial clock, Queen Victoria's Jubilee
22/6/1892. 3 continuous recessed arches with striated round heads, each
decorated with central and base flower panels, foliate capitals and moulded
bases to attached shafts and flower decorated impost roundels enclose the
windows and central doors. The windows are vertically sliding sashes with round
headed fanlights over. Panelled double doors with ornate wrought iron round
headed grille over.
Listing NGR: TQ8758890503
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings