This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53 / 52°59'59"N
Longitude: -0.409 / 0°24'32"W
OS Eastings: 506868
OS Northings: 345924
OS Grid: TF068459
Mapcode National: GBR FQL.Z9V
Mapcode Global: WHGK6.PVFJ
Entry Name: Vicarage
Listing Date: 16 July 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168389
English Heritage Legacy ID: 191811
Location: Sleaford, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Sleaford
Built-Up Area: Sleaford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Sleaford St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
5312 MARKET PLACE
TF 0645 1/25 16.7.49.
Cl5. Timber-framed building of 2 storeys with large central gable. Upper storey
with half-timbering oversails and has a central bay window of 4 lights with
wood mullions and modern glazing. Old tile roof. Ground floor rendered. Bargeboard
and wood frieze of same design on right-hand side of building, the left-hand
has a small brick parapet. 2 Cl8 windows and 1 early casement. Moulded stone
gateway at left-hand side with rebuilt segmental arch and small brick coping,
surmounted by a cross and piece of mediaeval masonry. Right--hand wing of building
is 1861 addition by Charles Kirk and contains door, 2 storeys in red brick,
wood bargeboards. Wing to rear is coursed rubble to side with rendered bay window
of 2 storeys with Gothick glazing. Interior has chimneypiece dated 1568.
The Vicarage,Parish Church of St Denys, Lock-up, War Memorial and Nos 7-12
(consec) all form a group
Listing NGR: TF0686245931
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings