History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Silk Willoughby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9739 / 52°58'26"N

Longitude: -0.4276 / 0°25'39"W

OS Eastings: 505681

OS Northings: 342994

OS Grid: TF056429

Mapcode National: GBR FQZ.DQW

Mapcode Global: WHGKD.DJL0

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 1 February 1967

Last Amended: 11 January 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1168397

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192720

Location: Silk Willoughby, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Silk Willoughby

Built-Up Area: Silk Willoughby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Silk Willoughby St Denys

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Sleaford

Listing Text

TF 04 SE/TF 0442 - 0542 SILK WILLOUGHBY LONDON ROAD
(East Side)

5/85 and 10/85 The Old Rectory
1.2.67 (formerly listed as
The Rectory)

G.V. II

Former rectory, now house. Early C17, late C17, early C18, early C19,
altered C20. Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and
dressings, pantiled roofs with raised stone coped gables, single ashlar
gable stack with moulded base and single yellow brick ridge and gable
stacks with moulded and dentillated tops. U-plan. 2 storey 3 bay front with
chamfered eaves course. Central 6 panelled door, traceried fanlight, wood
panelled reveals and C20 segmental headed wooden doorcase. Flanked by
single glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3 similar windows. All
windows have plain ashlar lintels with keystones. To left is a 2 storey
single bay service wing with a large C20 3 light sliding glazing bar sash
and a single glazing bar sash to first floor. This range contains an early
C17 4 centred arched fireplace with quirked and moulded reveals. On an
outbuilding are dates of 1631, 1753 and 1813, all are probably C19. On a
common building stone of the main block, probably reset, is the date 1603.
The main block has added period fireplaces and some early C19 plaster
cornices. There are also late C17 double raised and fielded panelled doors,
some in dowelled oak frames. The late C17 dogleg staircase has softwood
vasiform balusters and a moulded handrail. The oak roof is of staggered
butt purlin type. The added right rear, wing has a clasped purlin oak roof
of C18 character, it also has an early C19 Venetian window on the ground
floor.


Listing NGR: TF0568142994

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.