This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7046 / 51°42'16"N
Longitude: 0.2454 / 0°14'43"E
OS Eastings: 555252
OS Northings: 203036
OS Grid: TL552030
Mapcode National: GBR MGZ.2VS
Mapcode Global: VHHMP.6FL3
Entry Name: The Kings Head Public House
Listing Date: 27 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168501
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117826
Location: Ongar, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Ongar
Built-Up Area: Chipping Ongar
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Chipping Ongar with Shelley
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 5503 ONGAR HIGH STREET (W side)
8/111 The Kings Head Public
Public House. Late C17. Red brick built with flared headers. Red plain tile
roof truncated ridge with 2 flat head dormers and heavy wood modillion cornice
to projecting eaves. 2 storeys, attic and cellars. 5 window range of C18 small
paned double hung sashes. Central carriageway, with segmental head. Small
paned double hung sliding sashes with side lights to right and left of arch.
Band following lower windows and carriageway. 2 very large red brick chimney
stacks to left and right at rear. Central moulded brick "1697 T.P.S.". Wing
extends to rear. RCHM 5.
Listing NGR: TL5525203036
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings