This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9996 / 52°59'58"N
Longitude: -0.4101 / 0°24'36"W
OS Eastings: 506792
OS Northings: 345880
OS Grid: TF067458
Mapcode National: GBR FQL.YZM
Mapcode Global: WHGK6.NVWT
Entry Name: Lloyds Bank (Northern Part) lloyds Bank (Southern Part)
Listing Date: 16 July 1949
Last Amended: 14 November 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168531
English Heritage Legacy ID: 191836
Location: Sleaford, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Sleaford
Built-Up Area: Sleaford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Sleaford St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
16.7.49. No 2 (Lloyds Bank)
(Formerly listed under Market Place)
- No 2 (Lloyds Bank)
TF 0645 1/24
2 buildings. Southern part is late C17. 2 storeys in ashlar with rusticated
quoins and modern slate roof with stone stacks. Coved eaves cornice. 2 later
dormers. Plinth. 3 Windows, original glazing bars and bolection stone frames
with elaborate keystones with masks. Bolection moulded band between storeys,
Segmental pediment over central ground floor window. Moulded and carved bolection
cornice over door with acanthus leaf keystone. Modern building adjoins to North,
dated 1904 on rain-water-head to Market Street. Somewhat similar style. 2
storeys in ashlar with modern green tile roof. Moulded blocking course, modillion
cornice and broken pediment. Ground floor has 3 windows with segmental pediments
and carved frieze. Moulded stone architraves: hung sashes with glazing bars.
Ground floor is channelled. 1st floor has coat of arms with mantling. To right,
1 window in shouldered architrave with triple keystone beneath broken pediment,
flanked by panels and with iron guard over doorway which has open segmental
pediment with coat of arms and mantling. Block rusticated pilasters with Ionic
capitals and triple keystone. Panelled double doors. Left-hand windows on
ground have panelled bases with vermiculated rustication. Plinth.
Nos 2 to 12 (even) form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0678545877
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings