This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7228 / 51°43'21"N
Longitude: 0.2479 / 0°14'52"E
OS Eastings: 555363
OS Northings: 205063
OS Grid: TL553050
Mapcode National: GBR MGL.X3J
Mapcode Global: VHHMH.7YXP
Entry Name: Granary to Rear of Cartlodge/Dovecote and North of St Peters Church
Listing Date: 11 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168667
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117859
Location: Ongar, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Ongar
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Chipping Ongar with Shelley
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 50 NE ONGAR SHELLEY
2/145 Church Lane.
Granary to rear of
and N of St. Peters
Granary. Circa 1600. Timber framed and weatherboarded with hipped red tiled
roof. Now on concrete support. Central boarded door with wrought hinges and
locking bar. Original bins. Angled bracing to walls. An unusually old
building of its type, complementing the Cartlodge/Dovecote and Church in the
Listing NGR: TL5536305063
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings