This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8911 / 51°53'28"N
Longitude: 0.4139 / 0°24'50"E
OS Eastings: 566209
OS Northings: 224152
OS Grid: TL662241
Mapcode National: GBR NG6.HG9
Mapcode Global: VHJJ8.4Q6M
Entry Name: Stebbing Memorial Club
Listing Date: 20 February 1967
Last Amended: 6 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168695
English Heritage Legacy ID: 122816
Location: Stebbing, Uttlesford, Essex, CM6
Civil Parish: Stebbing
Built-Up Area: Stebbing
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stebbing St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 6624 STEBBING HIGH STREET
10/399 (West Side)
20.2.67 Stebbing Memorial Club formerly
listed as County Library and
Memorial Hall circa 1674. Hipped red plain tile roof. Red brick in flemish
bond, with hipped end to road. Diapering and ornamental patterning in black
header bricks. Central red brick band, returning above windows in flank walls.
2 small paned sliding sash windows to front and 3 leaded casements to right
return wall, the front with folding external shutters. Central window on flank
wall was formerly doorway. Segmental arches with timber "heads" to all windows.
Central flat headed porch supported by two Tuscan columns above which is a
moulded brick plaque dated 1674. 6 panelled door in moulded surround.
Listing NGR: TL6620924152
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings