History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

75, Main Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Ewerby and Evedon, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0129 / 53°0'46"N

Longitude: -0.3297 / 0°19'46"W

OS Eastings: 512158

OS Northings: 347481

OS Grid: TF121474

Mapcode National: GBR GS1.1GW

Mapcode Global: WHGK7.XJ5L

Entry Name: 75, Main Street

Listing Date: 14 May 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1168739

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192576

Location: Ewerby and Evedon, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Ewerby and Evedon

Built-Up Area: Ewerby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Ewerby St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Howell

Listing Text

EWERBY AND EVEDON MAIN STREET
TF 14 NW
(west side)
3/30
No.75
14/5/85
II

Estate cottage. 1850, extended to rear late C19. Coursed
limestone rubble with ashlar dressings, decorative fish-scale and
plain tiled roof with fleur de lys ridge tiles, raised stone
coped gables with moulded kneelers and obelisk finials. Single
quadruple tunnel ridge stack with square base and common moulded
cornice. T-plan. 2 sotrey, 3 bay front with plinth. Central
half glazed panelled door, to left a 2 light window and to right
a canted bay with a 2 light window flanked by single fixed
lights, hipped ashlar roof. To gabled right hand bay is a first
floor 2 light window with above a shield shaped datestone of 1850
in a moulded surround with the initials TT. All windows have
chamfered rectangular surrounds and slender ovolo moulded
mullions. The windows themselves are cast iron lattice casements
with narrow stained glass borders. To right a gabled porch
contains a half glazed door in a deeply moulded ashlar surround.
Above is a datestone in the form of a ribbon inscribed 1850 and
above again a square panel contains a shield with a cusped
surround.


Listing NGR: TF1215847481

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.