History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Henry Godson's Almshouses

A Grade II Listed Building in Heckington, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9809 / 52°58'51"N

Longitude: -0.2992 / 0°17'57"W

OS Eastings: 514288

OS Northings: 343969

OS Grid: TF142439

Mapcode National: GBR GSG.364

Mapcode Global: WHHLL.CBRM

Entry Name: Henry Godson's Almshouses

Listing Date: 12 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1168811

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192601

Location: Heckington, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Heckington

Built-Up Area: Heckington

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Heckington St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Howell

Listing Text

HECKINGTON THE GREEN
TF 1443-1543
(north side)
11/55
Nos. 8 and 10
Henry Godson's
Almshouses
G.V. II

Almshouses. 1886. Red brick in Flemish bond, some ashlar
dressings, slate roofs with raised stone coped gables and moulded
kneelers. 2 wall and single ridge brick stacks, square with
moulded tops. 2 storey, 8 bay front, the end bays being advanced
and separately gabled with plinth and hobnail decorated eaves
course. At the centre are 2 three light windows with beyond a
single light window and a further 3 light window. To first floor
are 2 through eaves 2 light gabled dormers at the centre with
single 2 light windows to the flanking gables. All windows are
latticed castiron casements in pointed surrounds with projecting
brick heads, square to the sides and pointed at the centre. The
doors and central windows are covered by a pent slate roof
supported on openwork wooden brackets and a single cast iron
pillar. to the left hand side an ashlar datestone is inscribed
'Henry Godson's Almshouses 1886'.


Listing NGR: TF1428843969

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.