History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former School and School House

A Grade II Listed Building in Wilsford, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9726 / 52°58'21"N

Longitude: -0.5075 / 0°30'27"W

OS Eastings: 500320

OS Northings: 342730

OS Grid: TF003427

Mapcode National: GBR FQV.QHN

Mapcode Global: WHGKC.5KL1

Entry Name: Former School and School House

Listing Date: 11 January 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1168912

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192755

Location: Wilsford, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Wilsford

Built-Up Area: Wilsford

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Ancaster Wilsford Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Ancaster

Listing Text

TF 04 SW WILSFORD SCHOOL LANE
(west side)

4/121 Former School and
School House

II

Former school and school house now house. 1857 with minor C20 alterations. Rock
faces limestone with ashlar quoins and dressings, slate roofs with raised stone
coped gables and paired bracketed kneelers, single ridge and 2 gable ashlar stacks
with paired funnels and chamfered bases and capitals. L-plan. Single storey 7
bay front to street with chamfered plinth, 3 stepped buttresses and gabled porch
with belfry to the apex. The off centre porch has a chamfered 4 centred arched
outer doorway and a planked inner door. To left are single 2 and 3 light windows
and to the right are a pair of windows and 3 sets of 3. All windows are lancets
with trefoil heads and are plain casements. Above the doorway is a carved ashlar
scroll recording the construction of the school in 1857. The house is to the left
rear and has a single story plus attics 3 bay front with central half glazed door
in a 4 centred arched surround flanked by triplets of lancets matching those of
the school. Above the door is a square panel of arms. In the roof are 2 gabled
through eaves dormers with stone coped gables and kneelers. They are supported
on triple rolled corbels and contain pairs of lancets. All windows are plain case-
ments.


Listing NGR: TF0032042730

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.