This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.757 / 52°45'25"N
Longitude: 1.1437 / 1°8'37"E
OS Eastings: 612229
OS Northings: 322344
OS Grid: TG122223
Mapcode National: GBR TCC.1ZF
Mapcode Global: WHLRN.JYTS
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 22 July 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169041
English Heritage Legacy ID: 219916
Location: Booton, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10
Civil Parish: Booton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Cawston St Agnes
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 12 SW BOOTON THE STREET
The Old Rectory.
Rectory, now a private house. Designed by Thomas Allom for the Reverend
Whitwell Elwin c.1860 in the Jacobean style. Red brick with limestone
dressings, steeply-pitched plain-tiled roofs with crested ridges. Two storeys
and attics. Two and three-light mullion and transom windows set in chamfered
stone surrounds. Plain stone string course at first floor level. Canted
bay window on east side with pierced stone balustrade. Shaped gables with
stone kneelers, coping and ball finials. Stone modillion eaves course.
Chimney stacks with double and triple shafts with moulded caps and bases.
Semi-circular headed attic windows in gables with keystones and imposts.
Entrance loggia between cross-wings on north side with three three-centred
arches with keystones and pierced stonework balustrade. One-storey service
wing to west with parapetted gable and moulded brick chimney stack. Good
stained glass roundels in some ground floor windows at south-east corner.
Listing NGR: TG1222922344
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings