This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6978 / 52°41'52"N
Longitude: 0.4744 / 0°28'27"E
OS Eastings: 567300
OS Northings: 314000
OS Grid: TF673140
Mapcode National: GBR P5R.SWJ
Mapcode Global: WHKQL.8G43
Entry Name: Remains of Benedictine Priory at Tf 673 140
Listing Date: 19 October 1951
Last Amended: 20 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169050
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221977
Location: Middleton, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE32
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Middleton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
MIDDLETON BLACKBOROUGH END
TF 61 SE
9/45 Remains of Benedictine
19-10-51 Priory at TF 673 140
(formerly listed as Black-
borough Priory Remains)
Remains of Priory founded c.1135, carstone rubble with stone dressings. South
gable of large range having 2 large added buttresses, small stone dressed
lancet with large splays to upper gable. North gable and part foundations
of smaller range to north-east, irregular brick, carstone and limestone with
dressed limestone quoins. The Priory of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St.
Katherine was founded as a mixed convent by Roger Scales; it became a nunnery
c.1200. The remains are a Scheduled Ancient Monument, Norfolk 228.
Listing NGR: TF6730014000
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.