History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Rectory and Glebe House

A Grade II Listed Building in Willingale, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7436 / 51°44'37"N

Longitude: 0.3136 / 0°18'48"E

OS Eastings: 559825

OS Northings: 207525

OS Grid: TL598075

Mapcode National: GBR NHT.N3L

Mapcode Global: VHHMJ.DF4P

Entry Name: Old Rectory and Glebe House

Listing Date: 29 June 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1169079

English Heritage Legacy ID: 118519

Location: Willingale, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5

County: Essex

District: Epping Forest

Civil Parish: Willingale

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Willingale St Christopher with Shellow and Berners Roding

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Good Easter

Listing Text

TL 50 NE WILLINGALE VILLAGE STREET,
(East side),
5/117 Old Rectory and
Glebe House

II


House, c.1800. Probably by John Johnson (1732-1814) with north, south and west
faces of gault brick and red brick on east elevation. Pyramid form, low pitched
slate roof. Of 3 storeys with plain stone band at first floor height. Entrance
north front, has 3 square double hung sash windows with 2 vertical glazing bars
and segmental heads (one now blocked). First floor has a further 3 windows and
again the west opening is now blocked. Ground floor has a projecting flat
roofed porch with fluted Doric half and three-quarter columns on the angles and
wide eaves/cornice overhang. Each side is a tripartite double hung sash with
segmental head. Brick dentilled cases all round this main block. To the east
is a 2 storey service wing of red brick with irregular pattern of blue headers
and gabled peg tile roof. This connects with a lean-to against east wall of
main block. This service block has 3 flat topped dormers on north side and 3
gabled dormers on south side. Former moated site.


Listing NGR: TL5982507525

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.