History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Brandiston Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Brandiston, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7491 / 52°44'56"N

Longitude: 1.1705 / 1°10'13"E

OS Eastings: 614080

OS Northings: 321546

OS Grid: TG140215

Mapcode National: GBR VDQ.NRB

Mapcode Global: WHLRV.Y5K9

Entry Name: Brandiston Hall

Listing Date: 19 January 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1169085

English Heritage Legacy ID: 219923

Location: Brandiston, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland

Civil Parish: Brandiston

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Cawston St Agnes

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Cawston

Listing Text

TG 12 SW BRANDISTON HALL ROAD

4/17 Brandiston Hall.

19.1.52 II

Country house of c.16OO with mid c19 remodelling. Red brick with steeply-pitched
roofs, plain-tiled and pantiled, partly hipped. Two storeys and attics, L-shaped
plan, double pile. Principle facade to south of five bays. Three projecting
two storey bays with castellated parapets, rusticated qoins and corner finials.
Cnetral bay with octagonal angle charts and moulded brick finials. Segmental-
headed entrance door. Two and three light casement window with mullions and
transoms and intersecting tracery in heads. Label moulds over openings.
Three shaped attic gables with segmental-headed windows with "Y" shaped glazing
bars. Brick buttresses flanking centre bay with moulded brick finials. Shaped
gables to main roof. Gable chimney stacks with twin diagonally-set chimney shafts.
Moulded brick gable finials. Double-pile rear wing with twin shaped gables,
dated 1647 in iron tie ends on east side. Three light casements, some with leaded
glazing: rectangular label moulds over openings. Chimney stacks with double and
triple diagonally-set shafts. Pantiled lean-to on west side behind castellated
brick screen wall.


Listing NGR: TG1408021546

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.