This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8852 / 51°53'6"N
Longitude: 0.9072 / 0°54'25"E
OS Eastings: 600170
OS Northings: 224737
OS Grid: TM001247
Mapcode National: GBR SN5.N6J
Mapcode Global: VHKFZ.NWY4
Entry Name: Kendall Almshouses
Listing Date: 25 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169146
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117109
Location: Colchester, Essex, CO1
Electoral Ward/Division: New Town and Christ Church
Built-Up Area: Colchester
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Colchester New Town and The Hythe St Stephen, St Mary and St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
1. MILITARY ROAD
995 (North Side)
Nos 1 to 16 (consec)
TM 0024 14/161 25.3.68.
2 blocks of almshouses erected 1791 and 1803 by John Kendall. Built in
red brick, 2 storeys, the roofs tiled and hipped each end. 4-window
range to each block, double hung sashes with glazing bars, parapet
front raised to small central pediment to carry oval inscription panel.
Listing NGR: TM0017024737
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings