This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7832 / 51°46'59"N
Longitude: 0.1323 / 0°7'56"E
OS Eastings: 547182
OS Northings: 211544
OS Grid: TL471115
Mapcode National: GBR LDJ.48K
Mapcode Global: VHHM7.7FSV
Entry Name: The Gables
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169233
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119463
Location: Harlow, Essex, CM17
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Harlow
Built-Up Area: Harlow
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Harlow St Mary and St Hugh with St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5216 MORE STREET
TL 4711 NW 5/18 5.7.50
C15 house, H-plan. Two storeys. Hall range with ridge higher than those
of the wings. Both cross-wings jettied on knees, that at the east with
fully exposed framing. Beaded casement on tie beam and painted 4 centre
doorway. Roofs ridged, gabled and peg-tile main chimney stack of red brick.
One original ovolo set of casements on first storey of east wing. Hall
range has C18 door under mutuled pediment and triglyphed entablature, reeded
Doric half columns - leaf with lion-mask knocker. Semi-hexagonal bays
each side with small paned sashes under flat lead tops. Two pairs of small
paned sashes on first storey. West wing with semi-hexagonal bay window
on first storey small-paned sashes, Victorian shop front on ground storey.
Listing NGR: TL4718211544
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings