This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7236 / 52°43'24"N
Longitude: 0.7928 / 0°47'34"E
OS Eastings: 588704
OS Northings: 317651
OS Grid: TF887176
Mapcode National: GBR R8M.97X
Mapcode Global: WHKQK.4SSX
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 30 May 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169244
English Heritage Legacy ID: 220426
Location: Litcham, Breckland, Norfolk, PE32
Civil Parish: Litcham
Built-Up Area: Litcham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Litcham with Kempston
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 8817 LITCHAM CHURCH STREET
30.5.60 Church of All Saints
Parish church. Consecration date of 1412. West tower of 1669 by
Matthew Halcott according to datestone. Partly rendered flint with stone
and clunch dressings. Brick tower and slate and lead roofs. West tower,
aisled nave of 4 bays and chancel. West tower of 3 storeys with buttresses
to west and to eastern ends of north and south faces. Stone quoins and
platbands. 3-light Y-traceried west window and 2-light Y-traceried bell-
openings. Crenellated parapet with obelisk pinnacles at angles. Per-
pendicular aisle windows of 3 lights with crossed heads to laternal lights
in the distinctive manner of the church of St. Nicholas, King's Lynn.
3-light Y-traceried window on west wall of nave, now obscured by tower.
Y-traceried fenestration in chancel - probably post-Medieval. No clear-
story. Nave arcades with narrow lozenge shaped piers with single facetted
shafts supporting inner orders of arches with outer orders dying into
piers. One octagonal pier possibly a survival from earlier church. Wave
moulded and hollow chamfered arches with hood-moulds on bearded head
label stops. C15 screen with 22 original painted dado panels and restored
tracery. C15 hexagonal pulpit supported on single shaft. Blind traceried
panels with carved spandrels and an C18 staIR with turned balusters and
fluted newels. Aisle roofs with some original arch braced principal
rafters. Very fine C14 chest with blind tracery. Cl7 communion railings.
Pair of Medieval misericord seats. Box pews. Fragments of Medieval glass
in easternmost north aisle window. Poor box beside entrance probably
C17. Late medieval octagonal font.
Listing NGR: TF8870417651
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings