This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6489 / 52°38'56"N
Longitude: -0.4778 / 0°28'40"W
OS Eastings: 503078
OS Northings: 306776
OS Grid: TF030067
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.S22
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.MPP3
Entry Name: 61-63, St Martin's
Listing Date: 26 April 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169341
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193709
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
1671 ST MARTIN'S
Nos 61 to 63 (consec)
TF 0306 1/497
Victorian Tudor, Architect, J B Corby, 1879. Left-hand of 2 storeys and attics
in stone. One 2-storey gabled bay of 4 lights. One hipped dormer, Door beneath
coat of arms. Curved cornice, Right-hand section of 3 over 2 windows. Door recessed,
carved spandrels. Nos 62 and 63 are of 3 storeys. 2 gables. Canted 3-storey
bays of 4 lights, 2 central windows on 2 storeys above recessed paired doors,
separated by a short column with carved capital. 2 flights of steps.
Nos 39 to 43 (consec), Garden Wall to No 43, No 44, Wall to No 44, 45 to 70
(consec), Garden Wall to Nos 68 and 69 with Burghley Almshouses form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0307806776
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings