This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6572 / 51°39'25"N
Longitude: 0.1732 / 0°10'23"E
OS Eastings: 550420
OS Northings: 197616
OS Grid: TQ504976
Mapcode National: GBR SD.6B0
Mapcode Global: VHHMT.YLFY
Entry Name: The Talbot
Listing Date: 11 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169403
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117998
Location: Stapleford Tawney, Epping Forest, Essex, RM4
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Stapleford Tawney
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stapleford Tawney with Theydon Mount
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 59 NW
OFF LONDON ROAD
House, originally a public house, but may have had industrial use prior to this.
C16/C17 core to rear range with C18/C19 front range and C19 gabled wing to left.
The front main range gault brick clad, grey slate roof. The rear timber framed
and weatherboarded with red plain tiles. Two gault brick chimney stacks. 2
storeys 3 window range of 6 paned sliding sashes with segmental heads. Central
boarded door with 4 lights and light over. Grey slate gabled trellised porch.
The left weatherboarded wing with band to eaves, 3 light segmental head, small
paned sliding sash window and a grill to basement. (Cast Iron louvre at rear).
External red brick chimney stack. There are exposed timber beams and two
mullion windows internally,also C17 iron windows at rear. To the rear is a
bricked leat with sluice gate, a stream still runs through, it is possible
water driven machinery was in use here at one time.
Listing NGR: TQ5042097616
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings