This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6505 / 52°39'1"N
Longitude: -0.478 / 0°28'40"W
OS Eastings: 503062
OS Northings: 306954
OS Grid: TF030069
Mapcode National: GBR FVR.ZYW
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.MMLW
Entry Name: The Riverside Club
Listing Date: 26 April 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169487
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193720
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stamford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
1671 ST MARY'S HILL
The Riverside Club
TF 0306 1/500
1849. Architect, Edward Browning. 2 storeys in small coursed rubble with stone
dressings and quoins. Banded in stone, Stone slate roof with stone capped gable
ends. Centre gabled, with finial, and 1 window of 2 lights under moulded label.
Moulded string between storeys continues head of canted oriel, which has 4 lancet
lights below a stone roof. Plinth of heavy stone blocks projects to support oriel.
4-centred door in stone surround, Date below moulded label. Chimneys with crenellated
Rear portion, now a club, is earlier, built as a warehouse. 2 storeys and attics.
Carriage doors. Various windows under wood lintels. River elevation has 3 C19
semi-dormers with cusped lunettes in gables, and 2 dormers with casements to right.
Coursed rubble. New roof of stone slates. Visually important from the St Martin's
approach to the town.
Forms one composition with the bridge, St Martin's and with No 4.
Listing NGR: TF0306206954
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings