History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Jordans House

A Grade II Listed Building in Reepham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7519 / 52°45'6"N

Longitude: 1.0677 / 1°4'3"E

OS Eastings: 607130

OS Northings: 321558

OS Grid: TG071215

Mapcode National: GBR TC8.DRG

Mapcode Global: WHLRT.C3P4

Entry Name: Jordans House

Listing Date: 22 July 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1170096

English Heritage Legacy ID: 220018

Location: Reepham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland

Civil Parish: Reepham

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Reepham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Bawdeswell

Listing Text

TG 02 SE REEPHAM WHITWELL

3/113 Jordans House

II

Farm House, early C17, rebuilt to the north, possibly in the late C18, restored and
extended to the east in 1850 and extended to the west in 1886. Built of red brick
with slate and pantiled roofs. 'T'-shaped plan of 2 storeys and attics. Original
house orientated north to south. The southern gable with plinth, C17 diapered brick-
work, blocked staircase window, moulded brick kneelers, stepped gable and triple
octagonal shafted chimney with C19 moulded brick top. Beyond the cross wings the house
is much restored, of 3 windows circa 1850. Stone hollow chamfer mullions, wrought
iron lights, brick sills and hood moulds. Stepped gable at the northern end with
stone finial at the peak, and re-built chimney (1982) on former 5 shafted central
axial stack. To the north beyond this gable and garden wall, C18 wing, 3 windows
with hipped pantile roof. At the rear, C19 casements with crown glass, in small,
rectangular leaded lights, under flat brick arches. Eastern wing with plinth, shallow
corner buttresses, stone mullioned windows in gable wall, moulded brick kneelers and
stepped gable dated 1850. External triple shafted moulded brick stack to the south.
Western wing in similar style with gable dated 1886. Inside C17 stopped and
chamfered transverse and axial first floor beams to the south.


Listing NGR: TG0713021558

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.