This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9272 / 51°55'38"N
Longitude: 0.7022 / 0°42'7"E
OS Eastings: 585890
OS Northings: 228863
OS Grid: TL858288
Mapcode National: GBR QJV.4BM
Mapcode Global: VHKFP.4T1G
Entry Name: 94 and 96, High Street
Listing Date: 21 June 1962
Last Amended: 10 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1170260
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115937
Location: Earls Colne, Braintree, Essex, CO6
Civil Parish: Earls Colne
Built-Up Area: Earls Colne
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Earls Colne St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 8428-8528 EARLS COLNE HIGH STREET
8/89 Nos. 94 and 96
21.6.62 (formerly listed as
House, now 2 houses and workshop. Circa 1500, with early C17 alterations, and
remains of C14 house incorporated in rear wing. Timber framed, plastered,
roofed with handmade red plain tiles. Long jetty to street, now underbuilt.
Rear stack c.1600. Central stack, early C17. 2 storeys. Ground floor, 3 early
C19 sashes of 20 lights with crown glass. First floor, (no. 94) 2 mid-C19
sashes with marginal lights, (no. 96) 2 early C19 sashes of 16 lights. Two C19
doorcases with pilasters and broken pediments both with 3 steps, no. 94 with
iron handrails also. Small flat doorcase to passage entry. Gablet hip at right
end. Timber framing exposed internally (Wherein I Dwell, Earls Colne WEA, 1983,
Listing NGR: TL8589028863
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings