This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8365 / 51°50'11"N
Longitude: 0.7 / 0°42'0"E
OS Eastings: 586118
OS Northings: 218773
OS Grid: TL861187
Mapcode National: GBR QKT.XF4
Mapcode Global: VHKG8.23YF
Entry Name: 91-97, High Street
Listing Date: 25 June 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1170318
English Heritage Legacy ID: 116489
Location: Kelvedon, Braintree, Essex, CO5
Civil Parish: Kelvedon
Built-Up Area: Kelvedon
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Kelvedon St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
KELVEDON HIGH STREET
TL 8618-8718 (north-west side)
10/176 Nos. 91-97 (odd)
Range of 4 cottages. Mid C19, extended in late C19. Timber framed, plastered
with some weatherboarding, roofed with slate. Range facing SE, 2 rooms deep,
with 3 axial stacks. 2 C20 small lean-to extensions with felt roofs to rear.
Late C19 rear wing at right end, partly of painted brick, with internal stack at
end. C20 small lean-to extensions with felt roofs to left and end of it. 2
storeys. Ground floor, 2 early C19 sashes of 12 lights (nos. 91 and 93), one
late C19 sash of 6 lights (no. 95), and one C20 disused shop window (no. 97).
First floor, 2 early C19 sashes of 3 + 6 lights (nos. 91 and 93), and 2 late C19
sashes of 6 lights (nos. 95 and 97). Four 6-panel doors in simple doorcases,
pointed arches inscribed on the jambs, quatrefoil ornament at the top corners,
moulded flat canopies. Each return has a weatherboarded dado. The right return
has one early C19 sash of 12 lights. The rear elevation of no. 93 has on the
first floor one C19 horizontal sash of 12 lights, and of no. 95 2 early C19
sashes of 12 lights. Shown on First Edition 25" o.S. map of 1875, but not on
tithe map of 1840 (Essex Record Office, D/CT 196).
Listing NGR: TL8611818773
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings