This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6536 / 52°39'13"N
Longitude: -0.476 / 0°28'33"W
OS Eastings: 503186
OS Northings: 307300
OS Grid: TF031073
Mapcode National: GBR FVS.LGG
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.NKJJ
Entry Name: Congregational Church
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1170369
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193852
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stamford St George
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
1671 STAR LANE
TF 0307 1/363 22.5.54.
1819. A 2-store, rectangular chapel in local red brick. 60 ft frontage. Ashlar
plinth. Hipped Welsh slate roof with wide projecting boarded eaves. 4 windows,
all with rounded heads, the upper having glazing bars, and set in plain reveals.
The ground floor windows are recessed in 2 orders and have moulded stone cills.
South elevation has 3 windows and plain entrance door, under a contemporary date
stone with Roman numerals. Entrance gate is formed out of one arch from the Corn
Exchange of 1845. This is a 4-centred moulded arch, under a moulded parapet with
2 octagonal turreted piers. Moulded cornice. Ashlar.
See also School Gateway, ALL SAINTS' STREET.
Congregational Church and Premises formerly occupied by T Gibson and Sons form a group T Gibson and Sons ,form a groun]
with No 22 Broad Street.
Listing NGR: TF0318607300
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings