This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4731 / 52°28'23"N
Longitude: 0.8669 / 0°52'0"E
OS Eastings: 594811
OS Northings: 289994
OS Grid: TL948899
Mapcode National: GBR RCM.XN7
Mapcode Global: VHKC7.Z34G
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 16 July 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1170666
English Heritage Legacy ID: 219895
Location: Wretham, Breckland, Norfolk, IP24
Civil Parish: Wretham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Wretham St Ethelbert
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TL 98 NW
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
Parish church. Mostly early C15, restored 1887. West tower 3 storeys with
set-off buttresses and flat stair turret on S.E. corner. Pierced ringing
chamber ventilation panels. 2-light belfry windows and flushwork battlements.
Nave and chancel windows much restored. 2 C12 interior splay windows to
north and south. Large mullioned window blocks remain of south arcade
opening. Perpendicular east and west windows. Interior has perpendicular
chancel arch with wave mouldings and semi-octagonal piers. Nave roof of
4 bays with hammerbeams, collars and collar braces. 2 butt purlins. Some
timbers renewed. Chancel roof of small hammerbeam posts supporting arched
braces only. Principal rafters intact with four collar beams. All roof
timbers extensively rebuilt using original material in 1887.
Listing NGR: TL9481189994
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings