This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0611 / 52°3'39"N
Longitude: -1.7281 / 1°43'41"W
OS Eastings: 418734
OS Northings: 240336
OS Grid: SP187403
Mapcode National: GBR 4NB.MXC
Mapcode Global: VHBYL.0G79
Entry Name: The Grange
Listing Date: 20 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171029
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126984
Location: Ebrington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Ebrington
Built-Up Area: Ebrington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Ebrington St Eadburgha
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1840-1940 EBRINGTON NASH'S LANE
13/45 The Grange
(Shown as Vicarage on 6" O.S. Map).
Former Vicarage now house. 1836/7 with 1860 extension to rear.
Ashlar limestone with grey slate roof, flat, coped gable and
ball/point finials. Projecting stacks from gable ends flanking
central entrance, with triple on left flues, and twin diagonal
flues on right. Central block with wing, set back from facade
attached right. 1860 extension attached to rear of central block:
Main body: 2 storeys. Triple gabled facade. 2-windowed central
gabled with flanking gable ends projecting slightly to either side.
2-light C19 casements with glazing bars, hood moulds over continued
to form string. Central buttressed porched with unpainted double
door with decorative hinges in pointed arched surround with stopped
hood. Single lights with cusped heads in side walls of porch.
Interior ground floor: porch with coloured, geometric tile floor.
Ornate stone fireplace of 1860 with round, marble columns with
foliate limestone capitals with enamelled roundels above depicting
Hornby arms, vicar of 1860, and arms of the Bishop of Gloucester.
Listing NGR: SP1873440336
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings