History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Mickleton, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0892 / 52°5'20"N

Longitude: -1.7657 / 1°45'56"W

OS Eastings: 416151

OS Northings: 243448

OS Grid: SP161434

Mapcode National: GBR 4MW.Y52

Mapcode Global: VHB0X.BRXB

Entry Name: The Vicarage

Listing Date: 20 February 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1171076

English Heritage Legacy ID: 126997

Location: Mickleton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Mickleton

Built-Up Area: Mickleton (Cotswold)

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Mickleton St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Mickleton

Listing Text

SP 1643-1743 MICKLETON CHURCH LANE
(west side)

12/82 The Vicarage

II

Vicarage and stable. Built 1805. Vicarage coursed, squared and
dressed limestone with ashlar facade to rear. Grey slate roof.
Rectangular, ashlar, gable-end stacks, additional stacks off centre
right. Grey slate roof with flat coped gables. Eaves parapet with
string course. Stables attached rear right, squared and dressed
limestone with ashlar facade to right wall. Red brick extension to
gable end to rear. Tiled roof. Vicarage forms 'T' shaped plan
with outshut attached to rear right, in angle of 'T' with stable
block attached to right of that. Main body: 3 storeys. 3-
windowed. Windows to third storey 2-light, C20 casements with
horizontal glazing bars, other windows in facade 12-pane sashes;
all with keystones. Lower windows have wavey edged boards below
lintels. Former central doorway, now window. Present entrance via
3-sided porch in angle of 'T' rear left. Stable: single storey,
with converted hayloft over with access via steps from yard.
Double and single doors in facade with band over and 2-light
mullioned and transomed windows.


Listing NGR: SP1615143448

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.