History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Two Roberts Monuments, in the Churchyard, About 7m North of North-West Corner of Tower, Church of St Andrew and St Bartholomew

A Grade II Listed Building in Ashleworth, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.925 / 51°55'30"N

Longitude: -2.2655 / 2°15'55"W

OS Eastings: 381839

OS Northings: 225202

OS Grid: SO818252

Mapcode National: GBR 0J1.B1J

Mapcode Global: VH93Y.PW54

Entry Name: Two Roberts Monuments, in the Churchyard, About 7m North of North-West Corner of Tower, Church of St Andrew and St Bartholomew

Listing Date: 26 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1171176

English Heritage Legacy ID: 134311

Location: Ashleworth, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL19

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Ashleworth

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Ashleworth St Andrew and St Bartholomew

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Corse

Listing Text

SO 8025-8125 ASHLEWORTH QUAY LANE
7/20
Two Roberts monuments, in the
churchyard, about 7m north of north-
west corner of tower, Church of St
Andrew and St Bartholomew
GV
II
Chest and wide pedestal tombs: Roberts, died 1785 and 1848.
Stone. Chest tomb, flat lid, moulded edge, quarter-square corner
balusters, gadrooning to capitals; sides rectangular panel with
fluted fielding, ends oval in rectangular frame. Moulded base, all
on stone paving. To William Roberts, died 1785; later
inscriptions, including on lid. Pedestal tomb large, square in
plan: weathered top, step, moulded edge to lid, cornice, fluted
corner columns: sides sunk rectangular panel, moulded top to
plinth, wide stone base. Various inscriptions, 1848 to 1914.


Listing NGR: SO8183925202

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.