History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Upper Wall Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Saintbury, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0547 / 52°3'16"N

Longitude: -1.8319 / 1°49'54"W

OS Eastings: 411624

OS Northings: 239599

OS Grid: SP116395

Mapcode National: GBR 3M1.5NL

Mapcode Global: VHB12.6MF8

Entry Name: Upper Wall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 25 August 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1171313

English Heritage Legacy ID: 127033

Location: Saintbury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, WR12

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Saintbury

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Willersey with Saintbury

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Weston Subedge

Listing Text

SP 1039-1139 SAINTBURY SAINTBURY

14/116 Upper Wall Farmhouse
25.8.60


II

Farmhouse. C17. Coursed, squared and dressed limestone.
Limestone slate roof with flat coping to left gable end left. Main
body: ashlar, left gable-end stack. Extension right: ashlar left
gable end stack. Right gable end stack on kitchen attached front
right. Early C17 main body with later lower C17 extension to right
and to rear. Single storey C20 entrance/corridor connecting right
hand extension to formerly separate building, now kitchen, running
parallel with the extension to right of main body. 1 storey main
body with Cotswold dormer on left and dormer with sloping roof
right. 3 and 4-light, stone mullioned windows with horizontal
glazing bars and stopped hoods. Extension right has gabled 2-light
dormer. Single storey C20 connecting porch between extension right
and formerly separate single storey outhouse with garret window and
4-light stone mullioned window and pantry window to right. This
building was formerly used for the preparaton of cattle feed.
Farmbuildings with red tiled roof attached right of this building
are not of special interest.


Listing NGR: SP1162439599

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.