This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9304 / 51°55'49"N
Longitude: -1.7229 / 1°43'22"W
OS Eastings: 419152
OS Northings: 225803
OS Grid: SP191258
Mapcode National: GBR 4PW.WS3
Mapcode Global: VHBZ5.3R10
Entry Name: St Edward's Hall
Listing Date: 29 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171368
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126424
Location: Stow-on-the-Wold, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Stow-on-the-Wold
Built-Up Area: Stow-on-the-Wold
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Stow-on-the Wold St Edward
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 THE SQUARE
St Edward's Hall
SP 1925 NW 2/109
1878. By Medland. Coursed rubble with tiled roof. L-shaped with the entrance tower
in the angle. Two storeys, with library below and assembly hall above. Mixed Gothic
and Elizabethan style. North front has 3 windows, the outer ones 2-light with stone
mullion and transom and drip mould, centre 2-storey bay with 4-light windows. Hall
gable ends with large Decorated windows. Other 2 and 3-light windows on other sides.
Roof gables with stone verges, ashlar stacks. Two storeyed entrance tower, statue
in niche over door, spire with lowered bell chamber.
Interior: Town Hall Chamber has arch-braced roof and presence gallery. Main feature
is the collection of paintings (mostly copies of C17 originals, but several original
miniatures etc) from the Captain Christie Crawford Collection. Also said to contain
Listing NGR: SP1915225803
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings