This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8754 / 51°52'31"N
Longitude: -2.2961 / 2°17'46"W
OS Eastings: 379710
OS Northings: 219693
OS Grid: SO797196
Mapcode National: GBR 0JL.89T
Mapcode Global: VH94B.44Z4
Entry Name: Garden Gate to Road, Old Rectory, Opposite Drive to Church, and Adjoining Walls
Listing Date: 26 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171440
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134339
Location: Highnam, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL2
Civil Parish: Highnam
Built-Up Area: Highnam
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Highnam Holy Innocents
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
HIGHNAM HIGHNAM VILLAGE
9/48 Garden gate to road, Old Rectory,
opposite drive to church, and
Garden gate and adjoining wall. 1851-2 by H. Woodyer for T.
Gambier-Parry. Squared, coursed lias wall, ashlar copings and
dressings to gate; tiled roof. Gate with corbelled roof over,
steps behind, wall along road each side. Boarded door to road,
wrought-iron hinges, moulded stone arch over, plain jambs battered
at foot. Either side long stone corbels, shaped, with marked
projection, carrying wallplate; short, centre corbel over door:
tiled roof above, stone projecting through in centre over door.
Coping to wall slopes down each side of gate; on left continues
level for about 26m from gate; on right about 25m with 4 sloping
steps to coping. Internally short space, then stone steps up to
left between retaining walls, winders at bottom. Built with
Rectory as pedestrian route to church: forms group with that,
school and Church Lodge, (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SO7971219690
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings