This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0519 / 52°3'6"N
Longitude: -1.8408 / 1°50'26"W
OS Eastings: 411013
OS Northings: 239294
OS Grid: SP110392
Mapcode National: GBR 3M1.9DS
Mapcode Global: VHB12.1PPC
Entry Name: Willersey House and Ornamental Garden Walls
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171451
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127071
Location: Willersey, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, WR12
Civil Parish: Willersey
Built-Up Area: Willersey
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Willersey with Saintbury
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1039-1139 WILLERSEY CAMPDEN LANE
14/154 Willersey House
25.8.60 and Ornamental Garden Walls
Manor House and garden walls. C17 and early C20. C20 part by A.N.
Prentice. Coursed, squared and dressed limestone. Limestone
slate roof with flat gable coping, with roll-cross saddles also.
C17 block has an ashlar gable end stack on right and another off
centre left. C20 wing running forwards left has twin ashlar gable
end stack and triple ashlar stack. All stacks have moulded upper
and lower courses. Gable end of C20 wing has stepped buttresses.
C17 main body, C20 wing projecting forwards at right angles on
left. Another C20 wing running back to the rear left of the main
body. Late C20 flat-roofed, dining room extension to rear on angle
between the two C20 wings. Range of outbuildings attached via
wall, front left, forward of C20 left wing. C17 main body: 2-
storeys and attic, lit by 4 Cotswold dormers with single lights.
Irregular fenestration: 3 and 4-light stone mullioned casements to
ground and first floors, all with stopped hoods. Single, C20
casements also. Unpainted, studded, plank door off centre left
with decorative strap hinges, in flat-chamfered, depressed arched
surround with stopped hood over. C19 style bell pull. C20 wing
left: 1, 2 and 3-light flat- chamfered, stone mullioned windows all
with stopped hoods. Those in the gable end with 4-centred arched
heads. Door, imitating front door, in gable end of left wing, and
another with moulded surround in right wall of wing up against the
main body. Subsidiary features: garden walls forming geometric
and curving patterns, to front and rear. Limestone rubble with
slightly pointed capping stones. Up to 1m in height. Some
openings flanked with ball finials. History: Originally a
farmhouse in the village, moved up hill and rebuilt in 1912 by A.N.
Prentice in a greatly enlarged form. (David Verey. The Buildings
of England: The Cotswolds, 1979).
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1101339294
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings