This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8745 / 51°52'28"N
Longitude: -2.2958 / 2°17'44"W
OS Eastings: 379735
OS Northings: 219587
OS Grid: SO797195
Mapcode National: GBR 0JL.GDC
Mapcode Global: VH94B.545V
Entry Name: Parish Hall
Listing Date: 26 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171455
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134343
Location: Highnam, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL2
Civil Parish: Highnam
Built-Up Area: Highnam
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Highnam Holy Innocents
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
HIGHNAM HIGHNAM VILLAGE
9/52 Parish Hall
Parish hall. 1904 for Sir Hubert Parry (datestone). Coursed,
squared rough lias, ashlar dressings, tiled roof. Five-bay hall,
central projections each side, small projection left end, larger,
later on right. Main front: ashlar plinth, pilaster buttresses to
bay divisions, plain ashlar bands at window sill and window head
level: boxed wooden eaves: rectangular leaded lights to windows.
Central projection, double doors, each 6 panels, up 2 concrete
steps, plain projecting ashlar surround, flat head with cambered
arch set forward over, large projecting keystone: outer edges
frame swept back to flat moulded head. Above 3-light mullioned
window, flat hoodmould, slightly projecting ashlar verge. To left
and right two 3-light mullioned windows. Datestone at right end,
partly covered by flat-roofed wing beyond, render between ashlar
bands, two 2-light windows in front wall, plain coping. Set back
beyond left end short wing, boarded door up one stone step, single
light window to side, ashlar eaves course, swept roof, now felted.
Built to commemorate coronation of Edward VII.
Listing NGR: SO7973319588
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings