This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5792 / 52°34'45"N
Longitude: 0.9852 / 0°59'6"E
OS Eastings: 602355
OS Northings: 302118
OS Grid: TG023021
Mapcode National: GBR SCY.9VT
Mapcode Global: WHLSK.3FDK
Entry Name: 16, Market Place
Listing Date: 2 October 1951
Last Amended: 22 September 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171572
English Heritage Legacy ID: 227311
Location: Hingham, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR9
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Hingham
Built-Up Area: Hingham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Hingham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
HINGHAM MARKET PLACE
TG 0202 - 0302 (south side)
No. 16 (formerly listed as
2.10.51 Premises occupied by G.
Farrants and includes No 15)
Shop, early C18. Painted brick. Steep pantile roof with shaped gable ends.
Moulded eaves cornice. Plain string course at floor level. Two storeys.
First floor five sashes with glazing bars in moulded casing. Ground floor,
central sash replaced by plate glass, C19 pilastered shop front with
cornice, central glazed door with rectangular fanlight. Small early C20 shop
window on right, and early/mid C19 doorcase with reeded architrave,
cornice, narrow rectangular fanlight and glazed and panelled door. Brick
stacks over gable ends.
Listing NGR: TG0235502118
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings