This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0381 / 52°2'17"N
Longitude: -1.8074 / 1°48'26"W
OS Eastings: 413308
OS Northings: 237762
OS Grid: SP133377
Mapcode National: GBR 4NL.5WC
Mapcode Global: VHB18.M1CD
Entry Name: Walls to Terrace on West Side of Campden House
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171943
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126128
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
Walls to terrace on
west side of Campden
SP 13 NW 3/78
Circa 1846. Possibly designed by R C Carpenter and remodelled by Norman Jewson.
Ashlar and rubble with moulded capping. Buttresses to both retaining walls (on east
and west sides of terrace). Return to north with pinnacles to piers and stone
garden seat. Pierced parapet, with on west side cut-sphere-type finials. Stone
steps with large garden urns to east wall below porch.
Listing NGR: SP1330837762
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings