This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9363 / 52°56'10"N
Longitude: 0.5367 / 0°32'12"E
OS Eastings: 570578
OS Northings: 340669
OS Grid: TF705406
Mapcode National: GBR P2X.Y8H
Mapcode Global: WHKPG.6GV9
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 5 June 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171984
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221260
Location: Ringstead, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE36
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Ringstead
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Ringstead St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 74 SW RINGSTEAD HIGH STREET
2/78 Church of St. Andrew
Parish church. Flint, with limestone and carstone green and blue slate roofs.
c.13OO tower, C14 chancel, C15 nave, 1865 north aisle and internal details.
West tower, nave and south porch, chancel, north aisle with vestries at east
end. Tower partly rebuilt in red brick at south and west with 2 west
buttresses and 1865 2-light west window. 4 switch tracery belfry windows,
battlemented parapet and conical roof. Nave south side one 2-light Decorated
window at west, 2 fine 3-light Perpendicular windows at east. 3 buttresses.
South porch 1865, figure of Good Shepherd in gable. Chancel south one single
light window with ogee head and label stops. 2 2-light C14 straight headed
Decorated windows 2 cusped half arches springing from central mullion
intersecting one cusped whole arch, with labels and stops,c,1300 priest's
door. Nave east gable and chancel east wall 1865, a 3-light Decorated style
window, carstone banding. North aisle 1865. Large plate tracery west window,
2 2-light Decorated style windows and one door at east end. Lean-to vestry
with prominent north stack and 2 lancets for east gable. Large naturalistic
spout heads on line of valley between 1300 nave and aisle roofs. Interior:
south door c.1200 Decorated chancel arch and rich angle piscina with ogee
arches, label stops heads and finials. 2 south windows have internal labels
and head stops. Aumbry and blocked door on north. Good C17 and C18 ledger
slabs. Other details largely of 1865 : 3 bay north arcade, nave roof and
benches, stone pulpit with marble inlay. Font : C19 base, C15 octagonal bowl.
Chancel : arched braced scissor truss roof, painted; chancel arch and communion
rails and stalls; bold High Victorian reredos, alabaster, all of 1865. North
aisle east arch revealing vestry. Wall tablet in tower, C18.
Listing NGR: TF7057840669
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings