This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9318 / 52°55'54"N
Longitude: 0.5353 / 0°32'7"E
OS Eastings: 570502
OS Northings: 340168
OS Grid: TF705401
Mapcode National: GBR P33.45G
Mapcode Global: WHKPG.6K5R
Entry Name: Ruins of Church of St Peter Great Ringstead 30 Metres South West of Ringstead Bury House
Listing Date: 5 June 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1172004
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221263
Location: Ringstead, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE36
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Ringstead
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Ringstead St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 74 SW RINGSTEAD RINGSTEAD
Ruins of Church of St.
2/81 Peter, Great Ringstead
30 metres south-west of
5/6/53 Ringstead Bury House
Round tower. C12. Former parish church of St. Peter Great Ringstead
amalgamated with that of St. Andrew Little Ringstead, (q.v.)in 1771.Church
demolished 1792 and tower re-used as garden building. Coursed rubble flint
with, on north, the chamfered brick embrasure and central mullion of a C15
or C16 belfry window. East face re-arranged as a classical grotto in 1792
with rubble clunch with black glazed former brick kiln lining blocks as
rusticated quoins and as architrave and voussoirs to the central arch.
Pedimented gable with string course base somewhat dilapidated, perhaps a late
C18 insertion. Attached at south a headstone dated 1755, and at north 3 C18
headstones. Scheduled Ancient Monument, County Number 224.
Listing NGR: TF7050240168
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings