This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7179 / 50°43'4"N
Longitude: -2.286 / 2°17'9"W
OS Eastings: 379902
OS Northings: 90961
OS Grid: SY799909
Mapcode National: GBR 0ZJ.YN2
Mapcode Global: FRA 6735.TF7
Entry Name: Waddock Farm House, Waddock Cross
Listing Date: 20 November 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1172065
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108522
Location: Affpuddle, Purbeck, Dorset, DT2
Civil Parish: Affpuddle and Turnerspuddle
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Affpuddle with Turnerspuddle St Laurence
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1/64 AFFPUDDLE WADDOCK DRIVE
20.11.59 (East Side)
Waddock Farm House,
Farmhouse. Early C18 origin, altered and enlarged c1797, when main entrance was
moved from the north to the south front. Brick walls, thatched roof. Brick stacks
with oversailing courses. Two storeys with attics and cellars. Original plan
rectangular with small projecting wings at each end of the south front, and a lower
service wing on the west. c1797 the south-east wing was enlarged, the service wing
extended to the north, and a further service block added at the south-west angle -
thus destroying the original symmetry and producing quite a picturesque irregular
composition. North facade has a flush panel door slightly west of its original
central position - (re-sited to accommodate altered staircase). Ground floor has
two double-hung sash windows with glazing bars. Plat band at first floor level.
First floor has three double-hung sash windows with glazing bars. Recessed panels
between these windows with moulded brick corbels at the top. One dormer to attic.
South facade - now the main entrance front, has two unequal projecting wings. East
wing - rebuilt 1797 has a square bay window on the ground floor with double-hung
sashes with glazing bars. Plain double-hung sash with glazing bars above this.
Adjoining this wing, a timber porch with moulded panel door. West wing has one
double-hung sash window with glazing bars on ground floor and an altered window on
first floor. Plat band at first floor level.
West elevation - service wing, has one storey and attics. Two blocked doorways on
ground floor, and two modern metal casements. Attic has two half-dormers, one with
cast iron lights. Interior has large C18 staircase with trellis type balustrade.
Brick boundary wall along road, brick gate piers with stone moulded caps and ball
RCHM Monument 6.
Listing NGR: SY7990290961
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings