This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0506 / 52°3'2"N
Longitude: -1.7815 / 1°46'53"W
OS Eastings: 415077
OS Northings: 239161
OS Grid: SP150391
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.DD4
Mapcode Global: VHB13.2QJB
Entry Name: Charlcote House and Old Stable Block Abutting and to South West of Charlcote
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1172210
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126161
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
Charlcote House and
old stable block
abutting and to south-
west of Charlcote
SP 1539 SW 9/110 25.8.60
C18, remodelled in both C19 and C20. Ashlar with moulded stone eaves cornice.
Cotswold stone roof with 2 small gabled dormers and ashlar chimney to right.
Four windows, grouped glazing bar sashes with bull-nose cills, indications in
masonry of mullion-and-transom-type windows. Band course over ground floor.
Door with fanlight and hood in centre, moulded panel over. To left the former
stable (now part of restaurant) looks early C18 and has Cotswold stone roof. It
has a central lunette window and flanking porthole windows on first floor. Below
are 2 plate glass sash windows with keys and bull-nose cills and a depressed arch
Listing NGR: SP1507739161
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings