History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Waynes Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7085 / 51°42'30"N

Longitude: -1.7793 / 1°46'45"W

OS Eastings: 415346

OS Northings: 201111

OS Grid: SP153011

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.T46

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.3BQ2

Entry Name: Waynes Cottage

Listing Date: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1172237

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129685

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Quenington

Listing Text

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD THE CROFT
(north side)

13/129 Waynes Cottage

GV II

Formerly two cottages, now one house. Cottage to left probably of
mid C18, to right of late C18/early C19. Coursed and dressed stone
with alternating flush quoins to main section on right, rubble
stone to left, slate roof, brick end stacks. Single main range of
2 storeys with slightly lower cottage on left, small C20 extension
of single storey to front, and rear extension of C19. To left, 2
paired 6-pane casements with timber lintel, 2 to ground floor with
concrete lintels to right of C20 wing, one in original doorway. To
right, two 9-pane sashes in flush stone surrounds. Two similar
longer on ground floor and door to left with moulded wood surround
with pilasters, frieze and cornice, door of 6 flush panels under
transom light. Brass sundial on right hand ground floor window
lintel. Room on ground floor has 2 shell niches, and in cottage
ground floor room has chamfered main beam. Remains of C19 Baptist
Chapel in garden to east, part of one external wall with 4 glazed
pointed arch windows, built up baptismal well, small ante room now
used as garden shed.

Listing NGR: SP1534601111

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.