History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fourteen Momuments Including Rose, Dawkins and Townsend, About 9 to 18 Metres South East of South East Porch Buttress in Churchyard of Church of St Mary

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7088 / 51°42'31"N

Longitude: -1.782 / 1°46'55"W

OS Eastings: 415159

OS Northings: 201145

OS Grid: SP151011

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.SBK

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.298V

Entry Name: Fourteen Momuments Including Rose, Dawkins and Townsend, About 9 to 18 Metres South East of South East Porch Buttress in Churchyard of Church of St Mary

Listing Date: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1172384

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129706

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Quenington

Listing Text

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD HIGH STREET
(west side)

13/150 Fourteen monuments including Rose,
Dawkins and Townsend, about 9-18m
south east of south east porch
buttress in churchyard of Church of

GV II

Five chest tombs: Unidentified, early C18, to north, and Rose
1786, to south west, with three between included for group value:
Dawkins 1823, Townsend 1842, Rose 1857; and nine headstones in row
to south from east of Rose 1857, mostly late C18. Limestone.
Unidentified - large splayed plinth and capping, plain slab sides
and ends, with small recessed rectangle on each side towards west.
Rose (1786) - stepped tent top with curved top section, moulded
plinth and capping on tall double base, panelled frieze, fielded
sides and ends, with flanking reeded pilasters to sides. Tops of
panels badly eroded. Six headstones with high relief cartouches
and cherubs' heads, with plain stones to ends and centre. Dated
1775 furthest north.

Listing NGR: SP1515901145

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.