This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5791 / 52°34'44"N
Longitude: 1.0381 / 1°2'17"E
OS Eastings: 605943
OS Northings: 302258
OS Grid: TG059022
Mapcode National: GBR TFB.C86
Mapcode Global: WHLSK.XFJM
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 26 November 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1172492
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226489
Location: Deopham, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR18
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Deopham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: High Oak
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 00 SE DEOPHAM CHURCH LANE
Church of St. Mary
Hackford Parish church. C12, C14 and C15. Partially rendered flint with stone
and some brick dressings. Plaintiled roofs. West tower, aisleless nave with
south porch and chancel. C 14 chancel with cusped Y-traceried 3-light east
window and 3 similar 2-light windows. One later 2-light with square head and
mouchettes. North wall of nave early C12 with a blocked round-headed doorway
and rubble eastern quoins. Single C14 cusped Y-traceried north window. 2
2-light windows to south, one curvilinear, the other Perpendicular. C15 west
tower with diagonal buttresses, a 3-light Perpendicular west window and pro-
jecting stair turret to north. 2-light cusped bell-openings and 2-light sound
holes. Heavily restored south porch with a fine C15 doorway and stoop inside.
Chancel with C14 angle piscina. C15 wave-moulded chancel-arch. Remains of
rood-beam brackets and a rood stair. Tall C15 tower-arch and polygonal font.
Victorian furnishings and scissor-braced roofs.
Listing NGR: TG0594302258
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings