History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Taree the Halt

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7083 / 51°42'30"N

Longitude: -1.7748 / 1°46'29"W

OS Eastings: 415658

OS Northings: 201090

OS Grid: SP156010

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.VGM

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.6B37

Entry Name: Taree the Halt

Listing Date: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1172538

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129741

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Quenington

Listing Text

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD LOWER CROFT
(north side)

13/184 Nos. 1, 2 (The Halt) and 3 (Taree)

GV II

Row of three cottages on south side of Holmdene (q.v.) in Mount
Pleasant. Probably Nos 2 and 3 of late C17/early C18, altered, and
No 1 added slightly later. Random coursed rubble stone, stone
slate roof, 2 brick stacks to right, 2 stone stacks raised in brick
to left. Single front range with raised hip on No 2 to rear wing
and rear wing to No 1 with concrete tile roof. Two storeys. No 1,
to right - first floor has single light with moulded stone
architrave to left and C20 sash to right formerly a 2-light stone
mullion with moulded architrave. Ground floor originally had 3-
light stone mullion to right, now 16-pane sash with stone infill
adjacent. C20 six-panel door. No 2 in centre originally had two
2-light stone mullions with square hoodmould on first floor, now
with 12-pane sashes probably of C19. Ground floor has relieving
arch to right over former 3-light stone mullion, now also a 12-pane
sash. C19 shop front to left with moulded wood surround, cornice
and consoles. Glazed porch with 6-panel inner door, top 2 glazed,
rest fielded. No 3 has 2 small 12-pane sashes on first floor,
apparently replacing stone window to right. Similar on ground
floor to left, C20 half-glazed door. Although modest, these
cottages retain much ancient fabric and all retain the same swept
iron porch hood on iron railings, probably attached in early C19,
No 2 having had glazed sides inserted.

Listing NGR: SP1565801090

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.