History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Austins Hall Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Flaunden, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7054 / 51°42'19"N

Longitude: -0.5316 / 0°31'53"W

OS Eastings: 501564

OS Northings: 201761

OS Grid: TL015017

Mapcode National: GBR G79.4D7

Mapcode Global: VHFSB.QDTH

Entry Name: Austins Hall Farm

Listing Date: 22 October 1952

Last Amended: 2 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1172786

English Heritage Legacy ID: 157574

Location: Flaunden, Dacorum, Hertfordshire, HP3

County: Hertfordshire

District: Dacorum

Civil Parish: Flaunden

Built-Up Area: Bovingdon

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Bovingdon

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Sarratt

Listing Text

BOVINGDON VENUS HILL
TL 00 SW (South side)

6/47 Austins Hall Farm
22.10.52 (formerly listed as Austins Hall)

GV II

Farmhouse, now an isolated private house. C16 or earlier, E part
probably c.1900. Timber frame exposed externally with painted brick
infill. Steep old red tile roofs with half-hipped crosswings. A
2-storeys and attics T-plan house facing N and extended in keeping to
E to form H-plan. 5 windows long with hipped dormer, casement windows,
and porch to lobby-entry by large internal chimney serving hall range
and W wing. Interior has exposed frame of 3-bays hall range and 3-bays
W crosswing. Winding stair in turret in rear angle with E crosswing. W
wing has a 3-light diamond mullioned window on W wall. Frame has wide
panels, jowled posts, numbered joists, curved braces to cambered tie-
beams; straight wind-braces to clasped-purlin roofs, chamfered axial
floor beams, and surviving wattle-and-daub infill on 1st floor. Lead
pump box next E wing has raised lettering 'Scott/Plumber/TW/1831/Harrow'.
In forecourt a large carved stone Ionic pilaster capital said to be
from the Temple of the Winds at Moor Park.


Listing NGR: TL0156401761

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.