This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.4338 / 54°26'1"N
Longitude: -0.538 / 0°32'16"W
OS Eastings: 494932
OS Northings: 505245
OS Grid: NZ949052
Mapcode National: GBR SKP5.BD
Mapcode Global: WHGB5.QT0C
Entry Name: St Stephen's Vicarage
Listing Date: 4 January 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1173113
English Heritage Legacy ID: 327872
Location: Fylingdales, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO22
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Fylingdales
Built-Up Area: Robin Hood's Bay
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Fylingdales St Stephen
Church of England Diocese: York
FYLINGDALES THORPE ROAD
Robin Hood 's Bay
St Stephen's Vicarage
Farmhouse, now vicarage. Mid C18 with alterations and C20 extension. Coursed
horizontally-tooled sandstone; south front of original house rendered. Welsh
slate roof with stone stacks, 1 rendered. L-plan with domestic north wing.
South front 2 storeys, 3 bays and added left end bay. Centre bay projecting and
gabled. Central half-glazed door with plain fanlight and pedimented hood on
brackets. Flanking 1860's canted bays have stone bases and sash windows with
vertical bars. First floor three 12-pane sashes in wood boxes under lintels
with triple keystones. 1920's left bay has paired sashes on ground floor,
single above, all of 4 panes. All sashes in both parts have projecting cills.
End chimneys. Right return shows 2-storey, 4-bay lower domestic wing, probably
partly converted from barn or granary; modern glazing bar sashes of different
sizes, 2 under extended keyed lintels. Rear (road) elevation has projecting
domestic wing on left. 2 bays to right, the right bay projecting with modern
windows. C20 porch fills centre bay and has half-glazed door with sidelights.
Venetian stair window above. Gable end of domestic wing is canted and has vent
slit in peak, stone coping and block kneelers. Interior: cut-string staircase
has 2 turned balusters, with square knobs, to a tread, handrail wreathed above
curtail step, shaped tread ends. Venetian landing window has fluted Roman Doric
columns and side corridors with small modillions. Drawing-room has oval ceiling
centrepiece with moulded border and garlands; C19 carved chimneypiece. Small
rendered shed at north-east corner is not of interest.
Listing NGR: NZ9493205245
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings