History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Green

A Grade II Listed Building in Kettlewell with Starbotton, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 54.1462 / 54°8'46"N

Longitude: -2.0467 / 2°2'47"W

OS Eastings: 397049

OS Northings: 472263

OS Grid: SD970722

Mapcode National: GBR GN4H.PG

Mapcode Global: WHB6G.J1MS

Entry Name: The Green

Listing Date: 10 September 1954

Last Amended: 4 May 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1173607

English Heritage Legacy ID: 324686

Location: Kettlewell with Starbotton, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD23

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

Civil Parish: Kettlewell with Starbotton

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

(south side)

21/100 The Green (sic)
(formerly listed as cottage
10.9.54 west of Manor Cottage)


House. Mid C17 with early C18 alterations and C20 restoration. Coursed
limestone rubble, gritstone dressings, graduated stone slate roof. 2
storeys, 3 bays. Former door, now window to far left, with shallow pointed
arch having "H H" in relief in right spandrel and a recessed panel with
date not legible at time of resurvey. C20 glazed doors to left of bays 2
and 3 in plain surrounds. Random fenestration; 3-light flat-faced
mullioned windows in moulded architraves to ground and first-floor, left,
narrow window with reused stone surrounds to right of central door, ground
and first floor, and far right; 3-light window with recessed and chamfered
surround and flat-faced mullions to far right, first-floor. Large corniced
stack to left gable; a smaller stack far right. Rear: a 2-light mullioned
window to ground and first floor, left. Left return: a narrow round-headed
window to ground floor, right; a blocked rectangular window above. The
date is recorded as 1657 and the left-hand spandrel had the initials, "I
T". The extensive alterations and 2 inserted doorways suggest that this
property was one of those converted to three cottages for lead miners in
the C18.

Listing NGR: SD9704972263

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.