History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

High Park

A Grade II Listed Building in Salwarpe, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2631 / 52°15'47"N

Longitude: -2.1844 / 2°11'3"W

OS Eastings: 387514

OS Northings: 262783

OS Grid: SO875627

Mapcode National: GBR 1FF.0L2

Mapcode Global: VH92G.3C2Z

Entry Name: High Park

Listing Date: 14 March 1969

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1173700

English Heritage Legacy ID: 148112

Location: Salwarpe, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR9

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Salwarpe

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Salwarpe and Hindlip with Martin Hussingtree

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Droitwich

Listing Text

SO 86 SE SALWARPE CP A 4133 (south side)

4/216 High Park


14.3.69
GV II


House. Late C18, altered and extended c1830 with further alterations c1940.
Ashlar with hipped slate roof and ashlar chimney stacks. Two storeys with
plinth, moulded eaves cornice and blocking course. Original house a double
depth plan of five bays; large ballroom wing added to east side elevation in
1830 and also extensive rear additions and a billiard room to the rear west
side elevation which were demolished in c1940. Present front elevation of
2:1:2 bays plus two bays of ballroom wing, outer bay first floor windows are
glazing bar sashes with moulded architraves; ground floor of original part
now altered in 1830 by addition of a flat-roofed bay window to the two left
side bays and a central porch and Doric colonnade to the two right side bays
all of which are balustraded; the bay window has a moulded cornice and
mullioned and transomed window of three lights; at the right side, behind
the Doric colonnade are two tall glazed double doors with moulded cornices
now obscured by the colonnade; the central bay is accentuated by a large
round-arched recess with a round-arched multi-paned first floor window;
at ground floor level a porch with two Doric columns and entablature projects
beyond the colonnade; the entrance has panelled double doors and a large
transom light with segmental tracery. The two bays of the ballroom wing
have a bay window at ground floor level similar to that added onto the left
side; on the first floor are two glazing bar sash windows with moulded
architraves. Interior: main ground floor rooms enriched with a revival of
Adam style detailing contemporary with the alterations c1830; entrance hall
has a dog-leg staircase incorporating spiral balusters of c1700 on a
straight string; dining room and drawing room have richly carved mid-C18
fireplaces re-used from another'house.' The side elevation has a datestone
inscribed "A Gresley 1793". A sandstone ha-ha runs across the front
elevation about 15 yards from the house.


Listing NGR: SO8751462783

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.