This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0922 / 54°5'31"N
Longitude: -1.3808 / 1°22'50"W
OS Eastings: 440599
OS Northings: 466430
OS Grid: SE405664
Mapcode National: GBR LPS3.VT
Mapcode Global: WHD97.RDPQ
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 15 March 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1173835
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330318
Location: Boroughbridge, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, YO51
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Boroughbridge
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 4066 BOROUGHBRIDGE LOW ROAD, ALDBOROUGH
6/53 (south side, off)
Church of St Andrew
Church. North chantry chapel founded 1333. 4-bay nave arcade and north aisle.
c.1360, south aisle rebuilt 1827, similar style. C15 flat-arched clerestory, low
battlemented west tower and 3-bay chancel with 5-light east window. Red sandstone.
Lead roof. Nave arcade of octagonal piers with double-chamfered arches intersecting
at the springing point with vertical pieces standing on the abaci. Hood moulds and
large head stops to north side. Panelled roof with bosses; restored C16. Stained
glass to north aisle: C14 canopies of figures which have not survived. Sculpture:
weathered Roman figure of Mercury; C16(?) wooden panel of Daniel in the Lions Den.
Memorial Slabs Aldeburgh family of 1430 and 1475, the latter commerorating William of
Aldburgh, connected with the building of chancel, clerestory and tower. Well-
preserved 6 ft brass of William of Adleburgh c1360. C18 pedimented wooden
breadshelves. Communion rail of c.1700. C17 panelling in chancel brought from
Listing NGR: SE4059566429
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings