History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

West Farm House with Its North and East Boundary Walls and Gate Piers

A Grade II Listed Building in Yeovil Without, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9646 / 50°57'52"N

Longitude: -2.6504 / 2°39'1"W

OS Eastings: 354418

OS Northings: 118552

OS Grid: ST544185

Mapcode National: GBR MN.MGBP

Mapcode Global: FRA 56BK.H87

Entry Name: West Farm House with Its North and East Boundary Walls and Gate Piers

Listing Date: 17 October 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1173903

English Heritage Legacy ID: 261461

Location: Yeovil Without, South Somerset, Somerset, BA21

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Yeovil Without

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Yeovil

Listing Text

ST51NW YEOVIL WITHOUT CP CHAPEL LANE (East side)

1/122 West Farm House with its North
and East boundary walls and gate
piers
-

- II

Farmhouse, dated 1850. Of local stone in random courses, with Ham stone
dressings; Welsh slated roof between coped gables with end stone chimney stacks.
2-storeys; in early C17 style, L-shaped plan. Main (East) facade of 3-bays, with
an off-centre projecting stone porch with solid sides, roofed and gabled: Tudor
arched doorway with date 1850 in spandrils: coat of arms in panel over. To the
ground floor 5-light mullioned and transomed windows with plain chamfers: above
a string course and then 3-light mullioned only windows to first floor: eaves
course, ornamented lead stackhead. All windows have cast iron casements with
patterned glazing. On the North end gable (nearest the road) a corbelled chimney
stack, with panel carrying a sheild and bearing the initials MIIE, with a small
gable window to an attic. The 3-bay return wing of matching character. Interior
seen in part only - much original material survives, but the staircase has been
replaced. The outbuildings converted into dwellings are not included in the
listing. Included are the boundary wall to the North and its East return, the
C19 pedestrian gate, and the plain capped gate piers, one of which has been
relocated.


Listing NGR: ST5441818552

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.